This post is sponsored by Wayfair. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Grilling season is here and there’s nothing better than the smell of a grill cooking a delicious meal for your family or guests! One of my favorite recipes to cook up for friends and family is a yummy Shish-kabob recipe! I love that I can prep it ahead of time and basically turn it into a one-and-done cooked on the grill meal that everyone loves. It’s loaded with veggies and can be customized with beef, chicken, or vegetarian options!
Having the proper tools is key when it comes to hosting a BBQ. We love this Whetstone BBQ Grilling Set from Wayfair – it has all of the tools neatly organized in a carry-all. Having a fantastic grill is also key – we love our gas grill but there are SO many different types of grills out there. You may like one of these Traeger pellet grills, charcoal grills, and Kamado grills! Make sure to get some fun outdoor tableware and invest in some fun yard games! We recently purchased this super fun and easy-to-take with you Badminton Set!
- Meat of your choice (chicken or beef) I like to use ribeye steak!
- 2 large Zucchini
- Assorted peppers (red, green, yellow, orange)
- One large red onion
- Portabella mushrooms
- 3 tbsp – minced garlic
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
1) In a bowl mix soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic
2) Chop all vegetables and meat into large sections, leave the mushrooms whole.
3) Take shish-kabob grilling skewers and alternate between vegetables and meat.
4) Place skewers into a baking dish and drizzle with soy sauce mixture, coating the entire skewer. Let sit for 5 minutes, rotate skewers and drizzle on the other side. Cover with tin foil or saran wrap and let sit in the fridge for a few hours until ready for the grill.
5) Grill shish-kabobs on high until veggies are crisp on the edges and the meat is cooked thoroughly.
6) Remove from the grill and serve immediately!