Dusty claims a woman’s purse is like the great abyss….a dark, scary place that seems to suck even the largest item in to the tiniest creves to never return. It has taken many years but he has finally realized that it is best if he doesn’t even try to look for something inside of any purse, bag, satchel, backpack…etc. of mine. I feel as if we’ve played out the below scenario too many times to count…but after 3.5 years of marriage and a relationship that is going on 8 years…he has come to terms with the fact that a woman’s purse is just one place he isn’t clever enough to venture through…
(Me) “Hey honey, can you go grab my phone out of my purse please?”
…and then I wait… and wait some more……I hear some shuffling around…and then I wait some more. A handful of minutes (that feel like hours) goes by….
“Is everything ok? Did you find it?” I ask…concerned. I start to think maybe I lost my phone? A little bit of panic sets in.
That’s when he emerges. With the bag in hand, and no phone in sight. “Did you find it?” I ask hastily, snatching the purse from his hand. I spot some sweat on his brow…frustration in his eyes.
“I couldn’t find it in that black hole of a purse!” he exclaims frustrated and flustered.
And low and behold…my phone is there. In its usual spot at the bottom of my purse, beneath the pack of gum and tampons, wrapped in some receipts and probably clinging to half an eaten candy bar…
Now when I ask, “Honey can you grab _____ out of my purse please?” ….within seconds he is walking in to the room with my purse. He figures it is easier to just bring it to me vs. attempting to unearth whatever it is I have asked him to find within it. Dusty knows my purse leads to worlds of unknown…he has had one too many frustrated moments where he has found himself digging through my purse only to come up empty handed…to then hand the purse to me…and have me exclaim… “well it was right here, how did you not see it?” Not only is his poor manly ego bruised for a slight second at his inability to find a needle in a haystack…but the frustration he realizes…just isn’t worth it!
Which leads to me share with you the lovely things that are in my purse on a daily basis. Lately, I’ve been using a wonderful purse from Panache Boutique, and I love it! (scroll down to see more images of the bag) The faux leather is soft to the touch but sturdy enough that it will forever keep its shape. It has multiple zipper pockets on the inside and a strap I can clip on to turn it in to an over the shoulder bag or take off to make it a handbag. And you have the opportunity to win one (a purse jut like the one below) all for your very self!
2. Tape measure…… (?) no idea, but I swear it has come in handy a time or two when looking for a piece of furniture for a certain size space in our home.
4. A traveling bottle of my favorite fragrance, white amber oil!
5. Hair clips for my unruly mop of hair.
6. Sunglasses, because the sun always shines during winter months in the mid-west…(sarcasm dial turned up high here)
7. Gum. Because I’ve seldom wondered if there is any way I could possibly talk to someone without opening my mouth in order to protect them from the deadly aroma that is coffee breath.
8. Bobby pins. (see #5 above) but might I add…using an empty tic tac container is the perfect way to store them!
9. EOS lim balm and Burt’s Bees tinted chap stick. That is about as glamorous as my on-the-go make up arsenal gets folks.
10. Burt’s Bees hand lotion For my dry scaly cracked knuckles.
11. Pepper spray