I love to cook, bake and spend time in the kitchen…but this time of year I enjoy it the most because I love experimenting with delicious soups and warm wholesome recipes. This recipe is one that I have modified a little bit from A House on The Hills, who modified it from another source…so this recipe has gone through a few modifications since it’s inception but none-the-less it is amazzzzing. I know you’ll love it.
1 medium leek, cleaned and sliced (round)
2 bunches of curly kale, chopped
6 cups of frozen or fresh corn
3 cloves of garlic
4 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
4 cups of water (more to preference)
2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoon coconut oil
– In large, heavy bottomed soup pan sauté coconut oil over medium/low heat until softened.
– Add garlic, sweet potatoes, sea salt, pepper, cinnamon and sauté an additional minute. Stir often to not burn ingredients.
– Add vegetable broth and water, cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Add leeks and cook an additional two minute
– Use an immersion blender (or transfer to a standing blender) to rough puree the soup.
– Add kale, corn and cook until kale is softened. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
I bought this hand emersion blender…for the soup lover…this is the best thing ever!
And Enjoy! Yum.